To obtain a real estate salesperson license, you must first qualify for and pass a written examination. Those who pass the examination are provided a license application which must be submitted to and approved by the CalBRE.
This license is required of individuals who conduct licensed real estate activities as described in the Real Estate Law under the supervision of a licensed broker. A license may also be obtained by a person who does not immediately intend to be employed by a broker. However, a salesperson without an employing broker may not perform acts requiring a real estate license.
- Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to be issued ahttps://www.socalrealestatecareers.com/license-requirements/ license.
- Residence: Proof of Legal Presence in the United States is required.
- Honesty: Applicants must be honest and truthful. Conviction of a crime may result in the denial of a license. Failure to disclose any criminal violation or disciplinary action in an applicant’s entire history may also result in the denial of a license.
Successful completion of three college-level courses is required to qualify for a real estate salesperson examination:
- Real Estate Principles, and
- Real Estate Practice, and
- One Elective Course – We offer Legal Aspects of Real Estate